Nomad has many of the application features you’re familiar with in Notes. Let's get started!
Open your first application in Nomad:
Select the menu icon at the top, left and select Open Application:
Select a server and then an application, just as you do in Notes. If the server you want is not in the list, enter the Domino server name, for example, TestServer/Domain, or the host name, for example, testserver.mydomain.com.
Double-tap a document in a view to open it.
Viewing recent applications
The Home page shows up to 12 of your recently accessed applications. The application that you last accessed is shown at the top, left of the page, followed by the next most recently accessed, and so forth. Select an application to open it.
Creating local replicas
You’ll find that creating a local replica is similar to creating one in Notes. Follow these steps to create a local replica of an application on your iPad:
Open the application.
From the application, select the menu button:
Select Make Available Offline.
Complete the following fields and then select OK.
|File path||File name with optional path for the replica.|
|How much data do you want to receive?||
|Do you want to remove documents from the replica to save space?||To remove older unchanged documents from the local replica, select Remove documents not modified in the last XX days. Enter the number of days after which unchanged documents are deleted to save space.|
To open the local replica, select Open Application and open it from On My Device.
Managing local replicas
Use the Replication page to replicate all local local replicas of an application or a specific one. Also use this page to delete a local replica. Note that scheduled replication is not available.
To open the Replication page, select the menu button.
Select Replication. A list of your local replicas is shown that includes the last replication time and replication summary for each one.
- Choose an action:
- To replicate all local replicas, select Replicate All.
- To replicate one local replica, select it and hold (long press it) and select Replicate Selected Application.
- To delete a local replica, long press it and select Remove.
- To recreate a local replica, for example to change replication settings, long press it and select Recreate Replica.
To use full-text search to search an entire application or to find information in the current view:
- Open the application and then select the search icon in the toolbar to open the search bar:
- The search bar opens at the top of the document. Select the search icon in the search bar to toggle between the following search modes:
- Use full-text mode to search the entire application. Enter the text to search for and select Return on your iPad.
- Use quick-find mode to find text in the current view. Enter the text to search for and select Return on your iPad. Use the Next and Previous buttons to the right of the search bar to move through the results.
Something fun to try
Take a photo with your iPad and attach it to a document:
- Open a document, long press, and select Edit.
- Put the cursor where you want to insert the photo.
- Select the drop-down arrow at the top, right of the document toolbar.
- Select Attach > Take a Picture.
- Take the photo.
- Select Use Photo to attach it.