This configuration improves security because it forces LDAP operations to be done over an encrypted network connection. At the same time the Domino web server inherits the server keyring for SSL connections. Use the Domino Administrator client to make the following changes:
While connected to your server (use File -> Open Server to connect to your server) perform the following action to edit the server configuration document for your server.
- "Configuration" tab.
- Expand "Server" navigation option.
- Select "Current Server Document".
- Click "Edit Server" button.
When the server configuration document is in "Edit Mode" perform the following actions":
- Click on the "Ports" tab.
- Then click on "Internet Ports" tab.
- Change the "SSL key file name" field to appsdb1.kyr - this file was created earlier, and should exist in the Domino Data directory.
- Then click on the "Directory" tab.
Within the "Directory", tab perform the following actions:
- Change "TCP/IP port status" to Disabled.
- Change "SSL port status" to Enabled.
- Under "SSL Port Authentication options", change:
- "Client Certificate" to No.
- "Name & Password" to Yes.
- "Anonymous" to No.
Click on "Save & Close" to save your changes to the server configuration document.
Restart the Domino server for the changes to take effect.